Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2012

Shag- FlyRule

        Redesigned Arrangements of the soundtrack to the best video game in existence (Don't argue with me, I don't want to hear it!)- FlyRule by Shag is a welcomed rarity- a remix/ video game music album that for once is imaginative with source music,  and not just video game sounds sliced up to a drum break for a knowing audience.  Check out the opening track and it's use of the  game's interface sound FX to create an underlying melody for proof, or simply the way every song is arranged to inject some new life into an already amazing score. This is a soundtrack that dominated my Childhood and imagination so I might be a little biased to this particular Reworking, But I feel this was made with love, and anybody with a fondness of hip-hop instrumentals could find something to enjoy here- even if you aren't familiar with the original music. I plan on blasting this on my next venture into Hyrule.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment